pokémon Index du Forum

FAQFAQ   RechercherRechercher   MembresMembres   GroupesGroupes   S’enregistrerS’enregistrer 
ProfilProfil   Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés   ConnexionConnexion 

How to get into Pokemon TCG

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    pokémon Index du Forum -> Pokémon -> PokéBlabla
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
greglazor

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mai - 04:39 (2018)    Sujet du message: How to get into Pokemon TCG Répondre en citant

Hi,

Background: I have a young child, currently a little over 1 year old. I used to play casual Magic (mostly Pauper, some occasional Sealed), and these days I'm a pretty bad Hearthstone player (I average 3 wins per Arena run, I struggle to end ranked seasons over 20). But I'm realizing that neither Magic nor Hearthstone are really appropriate first CCGs for my kid. Magic has way, way, way too many issues. The rules are too complicated, and honestly at this point too abstract (I don't think my kid is going to intuitively understand how mechanics like Madness or Devotion work) and too expensive.
Hearthstone is tough b/c I think my kid will struggle with the idea of card base ownership in a completely virtual environment. I think she just does better w/ concrete, physical objects to count, sort, etc. 
I'm pretty much settling on Pokemon as an introductory CCG. There are cartoons to give her an emotional connection to the IP. The player base seems reasonably large. The product will likely still exist when she's old enough to play. I want to start playing now because I think it'll take me a few years to really understand the meta.
So all of that being said, I'm really struggling to get some basic information about Pokemon. I have played through the online tutorial, so I understand the basics of gameplay. It's really more of the game design theory that I'm struggling with. To be honest, I look at the Pokemon display in stores (both LGS and discounters like Target) and I feel like I'm going to have an epileptic seizure. There is SO MUCH product. I don't know how to organize what I'm looking at. I don't know what to buy, or what's going to just waste my money.
Here are some basic questions I have so far:
1) Is there a core set?
2) Should I just buy the most recent set?
3) Are the pre-con decks a waste of money?
My sense of Magic is that yes, the pre-con duel decks are pretty worthless in the long run. They're only useful if you want immediately playable decks, and probably won't buy any more cards beyond that.
4) Any issues mixing sets? Are there tribal mechanics, or do sets have themed synergy?
Does it matter what I really buy? Should I concentrate all purchases in one particular set to build up a critical mass? Or can I just buy pretty much anything?
5) Do people primarily play Standard or Expanded?
6) What is the expansion set hierarchy?
Is there anything like the block architecture of Magic? Do the sets build on each other? How do they release mechanics, and how long do the mechanics persist?
7) What is the set name nomenclature?
I get that there's an XY series, and now there's a Sun and Moon? What is this meant to convey? Should I be wary of mixing XY and S&M cards? How long will S&M exist? Was S&M a paradigm shift? Should I concentrate on that series of expansions?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet. 

References:
https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1398351
Blockchain app marketing

Thank you.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Jeu 17 Mai - 04:39 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    pokémon Index du Forum -> Pokémon -> PokéBlabla Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation